< iStitch
Saturday 16 January 2016
Gifts and stitching


The postman delivered me some special gifts this past week:





Firstly this beautifully stitched and finished Halloweenies pillow and a summer scissor fob from my French friend. The Halloweenies pillow represents our dear little Hector and the scissor fob is to remind me of our wonderful summer breaks. Thank you dear friend - you know who you are!




For those of you who do not know this is Hector. He is, as you can see, disabled and is the sweetest little dog you can ever imagine! He belongs to our daughter so we are actually his 'grandparents' and we walk him often as possible. He has his own 'fan club' and we are always getting stopped by people asking after him. He is nine years old and has been on his 'wheelies' for five years now. Such a brave little soldier!




My second package contained (amongst other goodies for both the family and me) this lovely stitched Prairie Schooler Santa pillow. It came from Canton, Ohio - another dear friend - and although it arrived a little later for the holiday it is now displayed on my desk where it will remain until Christmas 2016! Who says we have to put our decorations away for the rest of the year? Thank you my sister from the US 😊 




Those of you who follow my iStitch Designs Facebook page *here* you may have seen the sneak preview of Sew Forget-Me-Not but for those of you who don't do Facebook here it is. I have actually finished stitching this but need to do a final finish and I am a little undecided on how to finish it.   

I am also working on the model for Sew Rosie. I originally planned on stitching this with pink roses but then thought red roses would be more apt for Valentines Day so now I will stitch this in both colour ways on different count linens. I have started Sew Rosie in red with Tudor Silks on 55t white linen and, once this is finished, there will be a pink rose version. 

May I ask those of you who stitch iStitch Designs to post pictures with the materials used information on the iStitch Designs Facebook page. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care



Labels: , ,

 
|


4 Comments:


  • On 16 January 2016 at 14:32, Blogger Robin in Virginia

    Carol, thank you for sharing a sneak peek here on your blog for those of us not on FB. You received several lovely gifts. Give Hector a scratch from me and have a wonderful weekend!

     
  • On 18 January 2016 at 03:12, Blogger Unknown

    Ohhhh, Hecter is adorable! Very sweet.

    Perfect gift from your french friend. I have seen this design and thought of stitching it for y son's GF who has a family pet that is a dachshund.

    I am not very active on FB but I will be sure to check out your page.

    Anxiously awaiting the full reveal of your latest design.

     
  • On 18 January 2016 at 03:16, Blogger Rachel

    What lovely gifts! Your little 'grand doggie' is a cutie!! My aunt had a dachshund when I was a kid. She was such a sweetie :)

     
  • On 24 January 2016 at 11:28, Blogger Michelle

    Lovely Carol x