< iStitch
Friday 16 December 2016
Sew Advent 2016 - Day 16




iStitch Designs - Sew Advent 2016 - here we are at Day 16 where we find a snowy village being built! I have yet to add snow on the two trees and a teeny red bead for Rudolph's nose. I have decided on a hemstitch finish. Please visit iStitch Designs Facebook page (link on sidebar) where you will see other versions. Claudia and Judy have gone with red monochrome whilst others are following the colour threads as suggested although some are stitching on a raw linen rather than the blue. It's difficult to choose which one is my favourite - which do you like best?






As something a little different for the children this year I brought some wood tags, painted them with white acrylic paint edging them with a black Sharpie. Using rubbers stamps I printed mistletoe on those for the girls and stars for the boys. On the reverse I stamped Merry Christmas and wrote names and the year again with a fine tip permanent marker. I hand-twisted black No 12 perle cotton for the hangers and then added tiny black ribbon bows (one for each side). I was rather pleased with the result.  I have two stitched ones which have yet to be finished and will post these when they are done.

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol 



Labels: , ,

 
|


2 Comments:


  • On 16 December 2016 at 17:34, Blogger Karyn

    I love your Advent progress...the floss against the blue fabric is perfect! I couldn't see the others on the FB page, but I do love yours.
    Your gift tags are gorgeous! I can't believe how talented you are to not just think up the idea, but follow it through...I am so impressed!
    Hugs

     
  • On 17 December 2016 at 14:35, Blogger Robin in Virginia

    Carol, I love your tags. I may have to borrow that idea for 2017. I am enjoying the Sew Advent SAL; need to snap a few pictures. Enjoy your weekend!